Sunday, June 03, 2007

Punctual?

Er, not so much. Although today is technically a tomorrow, just not the one I had in mind when I told you there would be finished object pictures "tomorrow." So sue me. You won't get much and you'll find my sock yarn stash underwhelming. It's hardly worth the effort.

But better late than never, eh?
These are my finished Baby Bottoms from Knitting Pure & Simple. The yarn in Rowan Handknit Cotton in Chime (3.5 skeins, I think). I knit these on the called for needle size of my Addi Turbos. My gauge is a bit big but babies grow so I wasn't stressing over it. The pattern has several options: elastic waist pants, Elastic waist pants with feet, footed overalls (high waisted), and the overalls without feet. These are obviously the high waisted overalls with feet. I think I will make another pair keeping the feet (fewer booties/socks to chase around) but trying the elastic waist. There is a matching cardigan pattern available for free on-line and I might have to add that to my ever-growing list of knits-to-do.


Here is a close up of the cute train buttons I found to complete the project.
My husband likes trains so I had him in mind when I was shopping, I guess.

In other knitting related news, I received my invitation to join Ravelry today. Yippee! I can't wait to get started although I fear this may cut into my already inadequate knitting/blogging/reading time.

Oh. Are you wondering what happened to the promised new WIP picture? No? I didn't really think so but I'll tell you anyway. It is now a FO. Pictures tomorrow. REALLY. I already took them. And uploaded them. No excuses. Tomorrow night...

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Those are great pants! (and buttons) You know, I always cut the toes out of my kids feetie pants when the kids got too long, but I don't think you'll be doing that with handknits. =) Congrats on your impending arrival!

Sarah-potterknitter said...

Those are way cute! I popped over from the baby blogger bumpers site. We must be due at the same time, I'm counting down 6 weeks too. Due 7/18. Actually the baby and I are discussing the advantages of being just a little early. I've explained that any time after the last baby shower on 7/9 is fine with me!

mama k said...

Oh cuuute!

Suzanne said...

Love the buttons! What a nice touch.