Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sock-Haiku-ooza

Sea Wool Bordello
Short ebony double points
My first knitted socks


Don’t ask… I have no idea why I felt the need to go down the poetry path.

Moving on.

For the past three weeks every spare moment has been occupied with my Sockapalooza Socks because I was trying really hard to be on time.

Each time I left the house, the socks went with me…

Because you never know when you’ll get stuck at a draw bridge in Seattle.

Alas, there were not enough bridges or spare moments and I needed three weeks instead of the two that would have indicated a deadline met. *sigh*

In retrospect, I should have started my socks sooner. Unfortunately, not having knit socks before, I felt the need to complete a couple projects with sock-like elements first so I could have the requisite skills to produce a decent pair of socks for my pal. By the time I finished “warming up” it was baby time and well, no more time for knitting (see, it was really all the little one’s fault- he should have been on time not early).

Oh, well.

The good news is that I shipped my socks out on Tuesday. Phew. They should arrive any day as they are just popping down I-5.

Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that she likes them and that they fit. I’m a bit nervous as she has made many pairs of socks… I don’t want her to be disappointed by my paltry first effort.

Actually, I think they turned out OK for a first timer.

The details:
Pattern – Bordello Socks (on the yarn label)
Yarn – Fleece Artist Sea Wool
Color – Fruit Punch

I knit these on my fabulous Lantern Moon Sox Stix (Ebony, Size 3). Love these needles!!!! Easy to knit with and they are adorable too- what could be better?

So now the socks are done and I am free to knit whatever I want… the question is what don’t I want to knit? Is there a vaccine to prevent Castonitis?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks look great and so do you & the baby. :)

GirlyWithATwist said...

The socks have arrived here in Hillsboro and they are already on my feet. I love them and will be wearing them tonight to the Cat Bordhi event here in Portland. And yes, they fit great.

Sarah-potterknitter said...

Yep that's what my knitting time looks like these days too! I actually get a lot done while he's nursing too.

AJ said...

They look great for your first pair of socks! I remember trying to knit with Scout laying on me, but it never happened! You're a lucky woman!

stringplay said...

Your socks look great - first timer or not!

Meg said...

They look great! I'm sure she'll love them!

Anonymous said...

there is no vaccine for start-itis. you just have to go with it! the socks look great.