Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Blogging? Not so Much.

But there has been knitting!

As I mentioned in my last post I was working furiously to complete a Baby Bolero to gift at baby shower this past weekend. Here is the finished product, along with a little hat I churned out to go with it.
The pattern for the sweater is the Baby Bolero from OneSkein. I made it in two colors of Blue Sky Alpacas Hand Dyed Cotton (Lilac and Tulip) to make it a bit more fun. The hat is my own creation, I wanted it to echo the look of the bolero. (Forgive the terrible photo, I took this picture late at night).
The women at the shower liked the sweater and were "properly" appreciative of my efforts (no other knitters in attendance)- it is so nice when non-knitters understand the effort that goes into hand knits.
One funny note on this project: When the evite for the baby shower came it said that my friend was expecting a girl. I was surprised because the last time we spoke she didn't know what she was having and wasn't planning to find out, but whatever, I went with it. One lilac sweater and hat, pretty girly. However, at the shower I asked her about the girl thing and she admitted that she STILL DOESN'T KNOW but she is really hoping for a girl. ACK! I hope she's right. If I had known I would have used a more neutral color -although the lilac allowed me to use up a skein from my stash :)
I have more knitting to share and some stash enhancement (mild considering that my two favorite lys both had sales/coupons this past weekend) but you'll have to wait for the next post... I need to go eat lunch, the baby to be wants food!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aw, it's so sweet. It wouldn't kill a boy to sport a little lilac.