Friday, March 09, 2007

I love it. I love it not.

I LOVE it! The petal bib is complete and I am thrilled.
Just about 48 hours after I started it, the bib was done. Definitely the fastest knit I have ever done (with the possible exception of a scarf of giant yarn on enormous needles). Considering that this was at times a difficult project for me (several new techniques involved that I had to figure out) I am enormously pleased with the result.

Here are the details: Petal Bib from Oneskein by Leigh Radford. The yarn was Rowan handknit Cotton in #203 Fruit Salad. Knit on US #6 Crystal Palace bamboo straights and Prym metal dpns. BTW, I really liked the metal dpns. I have previously used bamboo dpns and I found the metal ones had a better feel, for me any way (and they were darn cheap, too).

One last thing, this was my first experience with i-cord and can I just say how clever it is? Maybe I'm easily amused but the way it came together and then attached itself to the bib was so cool.

So now it's back to the WIPs, I think I hear the Albatross whispering in my ear. Oh, no, that's just my daughter waking up from her nap. Perfect timing.

5 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

The bib is great! I've seen the pattern, I have the book, but it's too girly for Sean - lol. I'm also on baby bumpers, just noticed you are too!

I havent tried i-cords yet. It's on my list of things to try tho!

mama k said...

I think you've inspired me. I got the book for Christmas and have been looking for an easy project to try some bamboo yarn. This would make a great gifty!

(found you via knitty bloggy baby)

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I love quick knits.

Stacia
www.pipandtom.com

Anonymous said...

It did go quickly after all! And it's excellent.

Sasha said...

Katie, that looks great! I loved how the i-cord finished off the bib. BTW, the SnB I went to was Purlygirls Mondays at the Blue Star.