Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hiding in My Ziploc Bags

Just a quick post tonight as it is late and I would like to knit at least ONE little stitch before I crash. A couple days ago I showed you my albatross, I mean, my baby blanket in progress but I have a couple other things on the needles and hibernating in Ziploc.

First up, a classic baby bonnet.
Yup. I know it doesn't look like much now but someday it will grow up to be the Baby Bonnet & Socks from Blue Sky Alpacas. I just hope that happens before my little girl grows up! I am using Classic Yarns DK Cashsoft instead of the silk the pattern suggests. The color is a really lovely lilac/lavender (#502 Bella Dona). I plan to make the socks as well and I have recently started to think that Pooh Bear might need the Amelie Dress from Natural Knits for Babies & Moms, you know, to tie the whole thing together. I mean, I could find the time to knit the dress, it isn't like I have 18 other items on my list of things to knit... oh wait. I have 21 items on my wish list. And my bathrooms need cleaning. Maybe I could skip the bathrooms and not sleep for a few weeks?

The other RIP item (that's resting in plastic, not resting in peace! I will get it done. Someday.) is my Razor Shell Lace Scarf.
This is a pattern from Hilltop Yarn, my LYS. The yarn is the simply marvelous Blue Sky Alpacas Royal in Antique Black. It is actually slightly darker than the above picture shows but this picture showed the pattern (at least somewhat) so I went with it. Y'all can imagine it darker. This scarf is actually a present to me so it will probably be back-burnered from here to eternity. All right, I'm off to knit, hopefully I won't fall asleep in the act of opening the bag.

No comments: