Monday, December 01, 2008

December?

Um, what happened to November? I swear I was just dressing the kiddos up in Halloween costumes yesterday.

I hope you all had scrumptious Thanksgiving dinners and survived the madness that was our retail establishments this past weekend. For our part we had a quiet turkey dinner at home with all the fixins'...

Knitting 12-1-08 004

...and pie of course!

Knitting 12-1-08 010

And we limited our post-Thanksgiving shopping to getting a Christmas tree so we have nary a stubbed toe to show for the Black Friday craziness.

I have been knitting up a storm recently but many of the items will be winging their way to rest beneath Christmas trees so I cannot share them here yet.

So instead I'll share one of my favorite projects from this past year that I haven't shown you here yet.

Yarn 7-20-08 051

Pattern: Faberge Cowl by Nina Machlin Dayton (pattern available on Ravelry)
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Vetiver
Needles: Size 7 Addi Turbos (20" I think, maybe 16")
Beads: Size 6/0 Japanese Seed Beads

I knit this as a test knit for Nina and I love it. The beads add just the right touch (they are place with a crochet hook instead of pre-stringing the beads). This is a fantastic pattern: clear instructions, a fun, interesting knit, and beautiful result.

1 comment:

mames said...

that cowl is gorgeous. me thinks it will be my first beaded knit. we skipped all shopping except a tree too. ours was from the local mtn lions club and came to 15 bucks (three dollars a foot, fresh cut and hauled back to l.a. on the top of the subi).

happy holidays. post more. :)