I'll pause while you all stand back up from the floor...
OK, here it is:
This was a Christmas gift for Todd and I am inordinately pleased with it. The pattern is VERY loosely based on an Irish Hiking Hat (Ravelry link). Loosely as in, "I cast on the 96 stitches the pattern called for and did a cable and rib patterned hat." Everything else I changed: order of the ribs and cables, width of the cables, height of the cables, the decreases... you get the idea.
The yarn is Malabrigo Worsted in Pearl Ten and I knit the hat on a size 8 Addi Turbo 16" circular and dpns.
I like the hat a lot but mostly I am pleased as punch with the way I worked out the decreases:
Should anyone be interested in the alterations I made, let me know- I actually took copious notes (shocking) so I know what I did.