Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm a Crappy-paloozer...

So I am feeling like the worst Sockapalooza 4 Pal ever- on both ends of the swap. First of all, outside of a brief mention I haven't said anything about the socks I received (sorry Suzanne!). AND I have not yet sent my socks out. I know. Awful. Twenty lashes.

Well, I finished my socks today but it is Sunday so I can't send my socks to my poor neglected Pal downstream (I did email her to let her know they were delayed) so let me at least rectify the other situation...

My upstream Pal, Suzanne of The Frog's Blog was my exact opposite in that she was extremely prompt, my socks arrived on August 3rd! (and I know from reading her blog that she finished my socks waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy back at the end of May- even though she too, had a new baby)

So, without further ado, because really, there's been too much already- I give you my socks:
Suzanne, as we would say back in the South: ya' done good.

The lovely Falling Leaves pattern in my current favorite color (Lime #02) in one of my favorite yarns: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. Fantastic! I requested ankle high socks as my calves are huge making normal sock occasionally uncomfortable. Cozy, comfy & soft. Perfect for displaying in my clogs or for hanging out on the couch knitting nursing the baby. Forgive me for not photographing the socks on my feet, I tried but the shots were all lousy and did not do Suzanne's efforts justice.


Thank you Suzanne, thank you, thank you, thank you.


So there you have it. I feel better now. Up next, my sock effort and then I will be free to knit and blog guilt free.

2 comments:

Sasha said...

Katie, don't fret too much, you finished them, yay! My pair hasn't come from my pal yet but she let me know that they were late so I'm fine with it. I'm sure you pal will be OK.

Lucky you, those are some cute socks! Great color and leaf patterns are irresistible.

Meg said...

Thanks for picking up my In Stitches book! I can't believe I left it there! Obviously my sewing doesn't mean as much to me as my knitting! Drop me an email or comment on the blog (see..driving traffic there...) on when I can pick it up or if you'll be at knitting on Monday!