Monday, April 18, 2011

Apropos of Nothing...

When you haven't written anything in... well... forever, there just aren't enough segues in the world to make it less awkward and so today I give you:

Collection of Pillowcases

PILLOWCASES!

Because really, why not?

As usual, I am late to this sewing trend but I finally jumped on the bandwagon and made four fun pillowcases for the kidlets. Thomas the Tank Engine for M and Princesses for G- no surprises there are there? These match blankets I made for them a year ago Valentine's Day.
Character pillowcases

I wanted to make some non-character cases as well so I picked up two prints from Kate Spain's Central Park Line (I love this line like a crazy person):
Central Park pillowcase for G

And the super cute Rush Hour from Alexander Henry's Monkey Bizness Line.
Car pillowcase for M

Sadly I forget who makes the dot fabric. And also sadly, I forgot to iron the pillowcases before photographing them. Oh well, that's just the kind of two-bit blogging operation we've got here. I should also mention that the Rush Hour and Central Park photos are of the pillowcases folded, so you are not seeing the correct proportions... but, you get the idea.

And yes, for you eagle-eyed sewists out there- I did not take into account the directional nature of the car print before I cut the fabric. Meh. My husband is always telling me to accept good enough and not worry about perfect. I let it go... but I made sure I cut the Thomas fabric correctly!

If you would like to make pillowcases of your own there are an unbelievable number of tutorials out there and I feel like I read them all but in the end I used the technique in this video and I am very pleased with the results. It wasn't a difficult project and not even too time consuming.

No comments: