Monday, May 14, 2007

Ei-yi-yi...

...a week since my last post *sigh* I am a bad blogger (that was just for you Jessica). I have things to blog and post topics in mind but I just don't have the patience to sit down and write anything coherent. I am a woman possessed. the baby-boy-to-be has taken over my brain and it seems he has no intention of returning it anytime soon. Suffice to say I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to get stuff done pre-baby.

And I am aware that I have eight and half weeks to go, plenty of time, I know.

And I know that whatever doesn't get done is not a big deal... this is my second time doing this, I remember that the world didn't unravel at the seams when I had Pooh Bear and everything wasn't perfect and my to do list was completely checked off.

I know, I know.

And yet. And yet.

I simply have to do this stuff. And it is all stuff: getting my husband's birthday presents, getting father's day gifts taken care of for my dad and my husband, making sure I have my mom and my sister's gifts purchased for their birthdays-all these events take place before my scheduled due date and you just never know, I don't want to be caught out... and there are other things too: picking paint for my daughter's room and the nursery, going through the clothes from my daughter and pulling out the things that are appropriate for a boy and getting them ready (yes, I am one of those moms, I am not going to put my son in pink even though he'll never know and it might build character or something- I just can't do it) for instance- nothing critical but it feels important to me to GET IT DONE. now. if not sooner.

It makes no sense and I feel a bit crazy but...

Anyway. Hopefully tomorrow when I have some things checked off my list (I created a spreadsheet - this is how sick I am right now) I will feel better able to write about knitting. There is definitely knitting going on, it is all a part of the same psychosis.

Until tomorrow, then. I have to update my spreadsheet.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Bad blogger! ;)
I've been wondering how you were doing since your last post. Glad to hear the baby is still inside. You're nesting. It's hormonal and totally out of your control. I spent the last two months of pregnancy cooking and freezing food. Obsessively cooking and freezing food. It's normal.

Anonymous said...

You must be getting excited for the baby to come :-)My cousin is also due very soon.

I'm getting up all sorts of fun things to put into your next SP package. I'm having a great time putting it all together!

Your SP10

Melissa said...

When I stress out I seem to make myelf sick and then I don't get anything done! It's a horrible cycle. Of course nesting is a little different... anyway, a spreadsheet will probably be a great thing, getting everything organized.
Take care,