Monday, March 05, 2007

No hormones, I swear...

...but the stash just keeps getting larger! Here's the scoop on my latest acquisitions.
First up, one skein of Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton in Sage. This is destined to be the Baby Bolero from Oneskein. I picked this out before we knew that our Piglet-to-be was a boy. I wanted something gender neutral and I think this is just right.

This pile to the left will one day be the Classic Cardigan from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. Pile details: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, 3 balls of Denim, 1 of Light Lilac. A cardigan for my Pooh Bear who hates having anything pulled over her head. I cannot tell you how many adorable patterns I have ogled only to realize my munchkin would tear up at the mere thought of a buttonless neckhole coming within ten feet of her person.

Third on the list are two skeins of Louet Sales Merlin in Caribou. I want to make the Bubbly Curtain from Mason Dixon Knitting for the powder room on our main floor. I'm not totally sold on the color though... I originally envisioned a dark tan or a medium brown for the room... this is very dark but the other choice in the brown family at my lys was too light. I might see if another shop in town has a different selection or if they carry the Euroflax specified in the pattern. Still ruminating on this one...

Let's see... what to look at next. What? You thought I must be done by now. Oh, no. When I enhance I go all out. Well, at least on this occasion (can you say gift certificate?).
Ah yes. The pile of sherbet-y goodness! Just looking at the colors makes me yearn for a warm day, a spoon, and a container of rainbow sherbet. Yummy looking Cottonade in Kiwi, Petal Pink, Petal Blue, Pink (the darker/brighter one), Petal Yellow and Cantaloupe. I intend this for the Cot Blanket from Natural Knits for Babies & Moms, the colors match the new color scheme we plan for my daughter's room. Now I know that I have been moaning & groaning about my current blanket project, affectionately dubbed The Albatross, but this is different. Really. The blanket is knit in squares not one big thing so I think it will be much more pleasant. Just no one mention the seaming word ok? I am very happy in my delusional bubble with my sherbet, thank you very much.

Hang in there. We are almost to the end, only two more I promise.

Yup. The ubiquitous Sugar and Cream. Given that I am expecting a baby in July could it possible a Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono? I think so. I don't have the color in my spreadsheet and I am too lazy to walk up two flights to check on it so you'll have to wait until I cast on to know for sure. (don't hold your breath... it could be months before this gets done)

And finally, last but not least, my Bunny Hop
from Crystal Palace Yarns. This is the same yarn I am using for the Royal Baby Set I posted about last week but in a different colorway. I think it is going to be a hat but I'm not sure yet. Waiting for divine inspiration or something...

22 skeins of new yarn intended for 6 new projects. That ought to keep me busy for a while. Shhhh... don't mention the five WIPs I already have- I'd love to cast on for something new but I don't dare. (yet) I'd best run and get some work done on the Albatross or all of the above fiber goodness will languish and we certainly can't have that!



No comments: